SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 3 May 2019

HE SLEPT THROUGH!

I never thought this day would arrive but it has!
Alfie has slept a solid 12 hours!!! 
I can’t believe a few days ago he was waking every hour and 40 to be fed. I mean I woke a couple of times but didn’t go in. Too fearful of waking him up. I’m just not that parent that stands over the cot watching them breathe. Sleep is too precious for that! 

We’ve always used white noise (we have Ollie the Owl) but changed his Sleepyhead pillow to the next size up. He loves being cosy and contained. We have also left him for 5 mins at a time when he has been waking rather than just rushing in. 

The first night was rough; I’m not going to lie to you. But the second and third nights he was asleep after 3 mins and sleeping in 3 hour stretches. Then last night it happened. He went to sleep in 2 mins and didn’t wake for 12 hours! 

To the Mama that is reading this thinking their baby will never sleep. They will. It will pass I promise you. Be kind to yourself and do what you think is right for you and your baby. 

Post a Comment