SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 15 January 2021

0-3 Toys




 0 - 3  M A T E R I A L S

I can’t actually believe I’m posting this because I can’t believe that India is 4 months old (nearly 5 months!). I’m sure I gave birth to her yesterday...

I am always googling or searching across Pinterest/google/Instagram materials (toys) that are age appropriate. I find it fascinating to know what other people’s babies/toddlers are enjoying. Permanently on the hunt for hot drink wins I think and I’m just a nosy person!

These are some of the materials India has been exploring:

From her Plan Toys play gym: the hanging ring and hanging bell from Mama’s Secret Shop on Etsy. I love the pastel colours and they complement the play gym beautifully. This stage of development is all about gross motor. Hanging objects for babies to bat or grasp is perfect to practise coordinating their limbs. The bell allows them to explore cause and effect too.

Variety of board books with baby faces and high contrast images. Babies love looking at themselves and faces. They find it fascinating. This particular one (global babies) is also great for early exposure to diversity which I’m making a conscious effort to ensure my children are aware of other cultures. I think if nothing else I’ve come out of 2020 seeing the importance of being anti racist.

Treasure basket: Sensory scarf, Petit Boum sensory bottle (lots of DIY on Pinterest but we won a set in a comp) and sensory foil from The Little Sensory Box and sensory ribbons from Out The Box Baby Gifts. To be honest treasure baskets could contain any safe household item. Think wooden spoons, rolling pins, scarves, (clean) hairbrushes. Anything that’s going to allow baby to explore a variety of textures.

Rattles and teethers

Alexa - we had an Ollie the Owl for Alfie and it wasn’t much good to be honest. Alexa is so much better - plays white noise all night, never runs out of battery, plays lullabies/songs for bedtime/morning and we can use it too! Nothing wrong with the dream sheep or the owls but I think they suck you in as being a baby sleep aid. Alexa so much more versatile and does the same thing!

Did your little one love any of these things? What were their favourites at this age?

Post a Comment